Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to try an new seat post with a little more set back. Right now I have an older ultegra seatpost with a pretty standard amount of set back I'm thinking a little more might put me in a better position

·
Registered
467 Posts
FSA K force light?

I use a no set back post.However,I have seen a few guys that are really long legged(femur)on the local rides that have these posts.They appear to have PLENTY of set back.Finish is nice too.

·
Does it matter?
760 Posts
Dan0930 said:
I'm looking to try an new seat post with a little more set back. Right now I have an older ultegra seatpost with a pretty standard amount of set back I'm thinking a little more might put me in a better position
Here's another FSA model with more set back. FSA SL-220

http://www.triathlete.com/store/product.php?id=37915

I don't know about this post from personal use, but I came across this one while on a search of seat post with more set back.

·
BrooklynVelo
1,426 Posts
Dan0930 said:

Another option is the TruVativ Team. I have the single bolt model, plenty of setback here.

·
Does it matter?
760 Posts
daneil said:
Another option is the TruVativ Team. I have the single bolt model, plenty of setback here.

The specs on the Sram page say that is has 25mm of set back, but it looks like more than that. I wonder if they're measureing it to the front of the clamp.
https://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/en/truvativ/specs/seatposts/Seatposts.pdf

to the original poster:

also keep in mind how far forward or how large the clamp is. I just put on the new Shimano Ultegra 6600 seatpost, the setback from the center of the post to the center of the cradle is 24mm , but since the clamp extends so far forward, I couldn't get the saddle as far back as on the previous post which has a center to center set back of 20 mm. the saddle position difference is 2-3 mm in the opposite direction of what you'd think just from looking at the measured setback. Just something to keep in mind. Wish I had known this before hand. I think my position if fine now, but my seat is pushed all the way back on its rails.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mersault yes i never realized how much a difference clamp size makes...

General: thanks for all the replies. I currently have my seat slammed back as far as it will go and i still am positioned forward of where I want to be

Mersault said:
The specs on the Sram page say that is has 25mm of set back, but it looks like more than that. I wonder if they're measureing it to the front of the clamp.
http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/en/truvativ/specs/seatposts/Seatposts.pdf

to the original poster:

also keep in mind how far forward or how large the clamp is. I just put on the new Shimano Ultegra 6600 seatpost, the setback from the center of the post to the center of the cradle is 24mm , but since the clamp extends so far forward, I couldn't get the saddle as far back as on the previous post which has a center to center set back of 20 mm. the saddle position difference is 2-3 mm in the opposite direction of what you'd think just from looking at the measured setback. Just something to keep in mind. Wish I had known this before hand. I think my position if fine now, but my seat is pushed all the way back on its rails.

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Thats It

The "Truvative Team" looks like the very post I need for my bike. I've been using the "Kalloy" uno with my Brooks Pro, and eventhough it does have some set-back it's not quite enough. Anyone know where to get the "Truvative Team"??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.