Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a seatpost for my Extreme C. Finalist are the 3T Doric Team at $140/174gm (all wts claimed), VCRC Straightback carbon at $95/170gm shipped, Easton EC90 Zero at ~$140/160gm (ebay), and Thomson Masterpiece at ~$100/158gm (ebay).

Would you stay with a carbon post for a carbon frame? I am leaning that way but I also fear breaking a carbon seatpost and I know Thomsons are indestructible. I have Thomson Elites on all my MTBs and one of my roadies. Anyone have any experience with the above mentioned VCRC, Easton, and 3T carbon posts?? Saw that the EC90 got so-so reviews here. TIA.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I've used carbon and aluminum seatposts in my carbon bike. I've never broken a carbon seatpost nor any carbon component for that matter. If the non setback works for you, I'd go with the Thomson Masterpiece. No experience with the others..

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response Dino and Eric

but I just went to my LBS and ordered the 3T Doric. I have Thomson Elites on 3 of my bikes and have never been let down by them but I decided to try something different. The Fred factor was that the 3T has a red stripe in the front and will add nice color to my bike. I am also going to get a 3T Arx Team stem when I get the bike finished. Will use my current stem (100mm 84deg WCS 4 Axis) until I decide whether to go with a 73deg and/or 110 stem. Then the Arx Team will be ordered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts