Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
aka Zonic Man
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Price is not an issue, just need the post with the MOST offset currently available on the market today.

Currently using Campy Record ('03), not enough setback.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Selcof bioposition...

The Selcof bioposition probably has the most, but some folks have had trouble getting the nose of the saddle down far enough with the clamp in the back position.

Other possibilities are the Easton EC-70 and the new FSA carbon post. I just ordered the FSA to go on the LOOK KG461, since I will need more setback with a 74.5 STA.

www.selcof.com

Another solution may be a saddle with a different rail position. SDG saddles for instance can be moved a lot further back than most road saddles.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The post that shipped with my Giant TCR (the carbon aero one) had ridiculous set back. I couldn't ride it because of that. I suspect alot of people had the same issues because I see them listed on ebay all the time... You might be able to get a deal.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
BaadDawg said:
What is seatpost setback and what is the advantage or disadvantage of it? I have one of those Giant carbon aero seatposts. Whats wrong with it?
Setback refers to how far the clamp is "set back" from the center of the post. More setback means the seat can be moved farther back and not moved as far forward.
If your seat is where you want it then it's fine. If your seat was all the way forward and you wanted it even farther forward you would need a post with less setback.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Frith said:
The post that shipped with my Giant TCR (the carbon aero one) had ridiculous set back. I couldn't ride it because of that. I suspect alot of people had the same issues because I see them listed on ebay all the time... You might be able to get a deal.
it has barely enough offset if you ask me :(
Titec makes MTB Hellbent post which has 2.5" of offset, you can only use it on compact frame.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Frith said:
barely enough offset if you ask me :(
Titec makes MTB Hellbent post which has 2.5" of offset, you can only use it on compact frame. Ditto on FSA K-Force carbon, people eBay them b/c they have too much offset.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Easton EC70

Jed Peters said:
Price is not an issue, just need the post with the MOST offset currently available on the market today.

I Currently use the Easton EC70 carbon post, I do not know the exact amount of setback but it is more than most... Check it out. It also has arguably the best clamp on a carbon post there is...AAA+++
G-dub :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jed Peters said:

Wallingford bikes might have what you need as brooks saddles suffer from setback problems. I got a campy chorus titanium seatpost and barely got enough setback for my brooks finese. I want to get a brooks b17 for my mountain bike but don't feel like going through another seatpost.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Look ergopost?

I haven't measured the setback on the rear-most setting, but it's pretty far back. Certainly more than most (and definitely more than you've got).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.