Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a carbon seat post but i dont think im going to use it.......looking at the ritchey post they have white.

anyone use the new to me anyways rail system which means i will have to order a new saddle......advantages ??????

oh is this called i beam

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Range of adjustment. Can go even further forward/rearward. Better clamping or something, although that isn't much of an issue in current/normal design.

But you're limited in saddle choices (as you said you need a new one to start with), and you can achieve the same extreme positions with cheaper combos of seatposts (with the specific offset you want) and saddles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i dont go with the new i beam i will get a thomson..........i was looking at the forward and back range of the i beam and it seemed to be a lot more

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
jrafter said:
if i dont go with the new i beam i will get a thomson..........i was looking at the forward and back range of the i beam and it seemed to be a lot more
Thing is, if you need the forward range, what's the point of getting back range as well (and vise-versa)? I could only understand this if you were sharing the same post for road and tri configurations.

If you get a Thomson setback, you can reverse it and get a whole lot more allowance to go forward. But if you're trying to scoot a saddle more rearward, best you pin-point a seatpost with more setback. Thomson's only have a 16mm offset, which is ~10mm less than the likes of FSA and whatnot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the problem im having right now is i cant get the seat to go back enough for me on my mountain bike.

im doing a new build and when i get home i will have the shop who finshing my bike do a fitting.

i was hoping to have everything there so i wouldnt have to wait to ride.....guess i will spend the money to overnight parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts