Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a seatpost with more setback than the stock Bontrager that came with my wife's 2005 Klein Q-Pro but I am getting conflicting information on the diameter.

According to Klein, the seatpost, a Bontrager Race X Lite carbon, measure 31.6 mm OD.

According to Bontrager's web site (www.bontrager.com), this seatpost is only available in 27.2 mm OD.

According to my (admitedly rough) measurements, the seatpost has an outer diameter of >30mm, so 31.6 mm appears to perhaps be the right number.

What good quality seatposts are there that would be compatible with the Q-Pro frame and offer a setback of around 20 mm? Carbon is preferable here for the vibration dampening factor. A tube length of no more than 250 mm would be ideal as very little of the tube is showing outside the frame.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
KLEIN bikes use a 31.6

Look at a FSA K-Force Light SB25
https://fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=45

K-FORCE LIGHT SB25

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="8">
</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="229">Italian styling</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="8">
</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="229">25mm of setback</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top">
</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="229">1-piece continuous carbon fiber construction</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top">
</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="229">DATA™ (Dual Adjust Tilt Angle) security system</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top">
</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="229">M5 chromoly and stainless steel hardware</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top">
</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="229">L350 x 27.2, 30.9, 31.6mm</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top">
</td><td align="left" valign="top" width="229">200 grams</td></tr></tbody></table>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.