Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually I had more than a problem. I had cancer. Eight days into post-surgery recovery and going well. I may need a prostate friendly seat. I ride a Giant TCRc1. Anyone confront this issue before? What did you do?

Thanks.

Iceman

· Misfit Toy
23,437 Posts
A friend of mine who had p. cancer also is now using a Brooks. I think because he likes the saddle more than anything else.

· Premium Member
20,696 Posts
First of all, congratulations on being a survivor....I'm 13 years into being a survivor.

As for the saddle, what saddle were you using prior? My personal opinion is the cut out saddles do very little in relieving pressure. A Selle San Marco Regal/Rolls or Brooks are known as all day saddles

· Registered
300 Posts
I use a Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow - this saddle has a cut out section in the middle that is supposed to relieve pressure on the Prostate. I have never suffered the problem it is supposed to relieve so I can't tell. But I will say that this saddle is extremely comfortable.

May I ask how old you gentlemen are? Congratulations by the way.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Giant site lists the Fi'zi:k Aliante Sport as the stock seat. I haven't changed it. I liked it before the operation.

Congratulations on your success. I'm hoping for similar results and so far, everything looks great.

Iceman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.