Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

Just wondering if people would be interested in a Seattle area ride? I'm thinking something not too crazy...not a hammerfest, but more a ride to see who we could get out of the woodwork. Perhaps a little later in the year like late August or September would work.

I thought we could do the cafe ride thing followed by a lunch stop or something.

I'll post this in The Lounge too.

Let me know if there is any interest and we can try to nail down a date.

· Registered
211 Posts
Ride suggestion-From North Bend meet at the Bakery then head up to the pass. Starting at Denny Creek everyone can regroup for a little King of the Mountain competition ending at the Chevron. Too easy or too hard?:D It is kind of noisy but the traffic really isnt bad.

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
borregokid said:
Ride suggestion-From North Bend meet at the Bakery then head up to the pass. Starting at Denny Creek everyone can regroup for a little King of the Mountain competition ending at the Chevron. Too easy or too hard?:D It is kind of noisy but the traffic really isnt bad.
Well, I was kind of thinking something a bit more mellow to attract the most people, but we can let the peanut gallery decide. I suppose we should try to nail down a date soon too.

Glad there is some interest.

· Registered
211 Posts
jplatzner said:
Well, I was kind of thinking something a bit more mellow to attract the most people, but we can let the peanut gallery decide. I suppose we should try to nail down a date soon too.

Glad there is some interest.

Argent likes hill climbs and I thought that Denny Creek would be your chance to put the big hurt on him.:)

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about September 23rd or 24th?

This looks like the weekend that will work for me. How about we nail down that date?

Also, any other ideas for the ride?

I was thinking we ride from from Issaquah to Snoqualmie Falls and back. It's a rolling, twisty, 35 or 40 mile ride on mostly good roads, but whatever you want to do. Again, I think we should lean to the easy side to encourage participation, but if everyone who wants to come wants to ride hard we can do that too, of course.

· Premium Member
15,996 Posts
From getting my collegiate thing on, I'd spec out rides that were easy-to-moderate for 35-40 miles, hit a dropoff point for those who just wanted that distance, and hit a tougher route for another hour or two.

I'm pretty new to the Seattle area, so I'm up for whatever.

September 23rd sounds good to me.

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Argentius said:
From getting my collegiate thing on, I'd spec out rides that were easy-to-moderate for 35-40 miles, hit a dropoff point for those who just wanted that distance, and hit a tougher route for another hour or two.

I'm pretty new to the Seattle area, so I'm up for whatever.

September 23rd sounds good to me.
So the 23rd it is.

OK I have a good idea. We could all do the Issaquah-Snoqualmie ride and drop off whoever has had enough in Issaquah at the eating place of their choice. Then we could head over to Zoo Hill road and ride a couple of very tough climbs before returning to said food stop. If we met in a convenient spot in Issaquah, then Zoo Hill would be only a couple of miles away.

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
I am looking into it. I have to be in San Diego on business on the 25th. I am looking into flying into SD on 9/21 and then immediately going to Seattle on the same day. Since I am looking at relocating to Bremerton in early 08, I would probably ride downtown on 9/22 and take the Bremerton ferry over and come back on the Bainbridge to check out the K peninsula. I would fly back to SD on the morning of the 25th. The beauty of this trip is the two weeks I have in SD afterwards to ride with ATP and Svend. ATP and I are at opposite ends of the political spectrum, but the two of us at the front of a group has been compared to riding behind a beer truck. We are pretty much the only people who can draft each other.

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bigbill said:
I am looking into it. I have to be in San Diego on business on the 25th. I am looking into flying into SD on 9/21 and then immediately going to Seattle on the same day. Since I am looking at relocating to Bremerton in early 08, I would probably ride downtown on 9/22 and take the Bremerton ferry over and come back on the Bainbridge to check out the K peninsula. I would fly back to SD on the morning of the 25th. The beauty of this trip is the two weeks I have in SD afterwards to ride with ATP and Svend. ATP and I are at opposite ends of the political spectrum, but the two of us at the front of a group has been compared to riding behind a beer truck. We are pretty much the only people who can draft each other.
Hey Bill, that would be great. Hope you can make it. I'd better cross-post this over in The Lounge in case others might see it and be able to make it....

G

·
I first read this last weekend when away in Banff ( see my post in commuting and touring!!) and responded on the BlackBerry, wasn't even sure my message got through.

Anyhoo - count me in - and I will try to rope some of my bikie friends from down in Vancouver - maybe three or four of us ( I hope).

Great idea.

Takes me four hours driving to Vancouver, then a straight shot to Seattle ( except the girls are thinkingwe should take the m/home so they can go shopping!!) - I'll sort that out

Count me in

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
toomanybikes said:
I first read this last weekend when away in Banff ( see my post in commuting and touring!!) and responded on the BlackBerry, wasn't even sure my message got through.
Anyhoo - count me in - and I will try to rope some of my bikie friends from down in Vancouver - maybe three or four of us ( I hope).
Great idea.Takes me four hours driving to Vancouver, then a straight shot to Seattle ( except the girls are thinkingwe should take the m/home so they can go shopping!!) - I'll sort that out. Count me in
Great! I saw the report from Banff. What a great trip. Looking forward to this.

· In Blue America
436 Posts
Count me in for a ride - I'll keep watching this board.
That Issaquah-Fall City road hurts, but those rollers would be a breeze compared to grinding up to the zoo.
I liked the NB to Denny Creek idea, though.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.