Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...
As some of you know by my posts, I`m a mountain bike racer with a long racing seasson (starts in feb and ends in november). Im`doing intervals and hard work since the beginning of february and by the time I have one and a half month "free", with no races. Just a "B" priority race the 6 of august. I was thinking of trying to relax my training regimen by a month, doing a mini base period (I`ve heard that for a base period to be effective should be at least one month long). thanks God I can ride every day for no more than 3 hours (usually my races are 2 hours long, with a ton of intensity).

Doing this I think that I will release my mind and body off the hard work and get more motivation and a new fitness level for the upcoming races till november...

As the month of mini base wears out, I`ll start doing the intervals to get the "flow" in the legs again...

What do you think about this strategy?. Completely insane? or just the right thing?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

bye

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
come on...

Spunout said:
Take a week totally off of structured training. Read Friel's Training Bible for Mountain Bikers.
it should not be so different for mountain bikers this type of training...In fact 80% of my anual training is on the road (MTB with slicks ;) planning to buy a road bike...

thanks for your imput!..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.