Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any organized ride from Sedona to Prescott via 89a through Jerome? I was down racing the Whiskey50 in Prescott, and drove this road down from Sedona, and thought that 89a from north to south would be a real kick in the pants to ride. Anyone done this?

·
Registered
382 Posts
sbsbiker said:
Is there any organized ride from Sedona to Prescott via 89a through Jerome? I was down racing the Whiskey50 in Prescott, and drove this road down from Sedona, and thought that 89a from north to south would be a real kick in the pants to ride. Anyone done this?
Mingus Mountain Madness, it was held last weekend. This ride has replaced the Sedona Century. As summer comes 89A can be a very busy highway. The shoulders in some areas, especially on the climd, are null and void or narrow as heck and can have large amounts of cinder covering them, so be watchful especally on decents.

·
Registered
45 Posts
mulkdog45 said:
Mingus Mountain Madness, it was held last weekend. This ride has replaced the Sedona Century. As summer comes 89A can be a very busy highway. The shoulders in some areas, especially on the climd, are null and void or narrow as heck and can have large amounts of cinder covering them, so be watchful especally on decents.
Would the Skull Valley loop be a better alternative? I am looking to do about 50 miles. Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts