Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
ahem

the moderator determines what's on top.

those two are the most viewed and "responded to" posts on this board, so far.

:rolleyes:

post something wildly popular and it'll get locked up there. perhaps podium babes? it's almost friday.

·
The web is a MUT
1,373 Posts
The key word in your post is "people"

Instead of complaining, contribute. Your post, while allowing you to vent a little, added nothing to a resolution. So, instead of flambasting I'll redirect the response a little....

What kind of bike(s) do you have?
Have you been able to get outside and ride recently?
Do you race? Road? Track? MTB? Other?
Do you compete in multisport events?
Have you worked on any bikes lately?
What are your upcoming season/year goals?

For me, I have several bikes, and am always keeping an eye open at thrift shops and rummage/yard/garage sales for deals on them. Last weekend I stripped some components off of two lowend kids bikes and junked the frames as they weren't worth saving. Last night I check-fitted a rear rack on a tandem I picked up a few months ago for my wife and I to ride this summer together. Two nights ago I bought and mounted a new rear tire and tube on the tandem. A couple of weekends ago I put up a 4x4 beam in the basement of our 100 year old house we bought a few months ago (my first house, her second) and installed 6 bicycle hooks to hang some of my bikes on. I am so far planning on doing a little citizen racing this summer, but I'm way out of shape and am late to get started on any training, so will plan to take it easy this first full-return season. Am still debating if I'll get a USCF license renewal or if I'll sign up with one of the other two sanctioning bodies who promote/organize/schedule races in this area of Wisconsin. We have snow on the ground, and another 6" forecast for later tonight. I have one road bike set up for recreational use and racing (mid-1990's model), another road bike a little older (mid-1980's) setup for TT and commuting, a MTB setup for winter use currently with spray deflectors and fendors and a set up currently unmounted studded snow tires for it as it is still shod with last summers dirt tires. I've got two bikes for my wife, her old Huffy, and a fairly newer Schwinn commuter that we found at a thrift shop that I'll be tuning up for her to use. The Tandem is a mid-80's Nishiki, also found at a thrift shop for a super price (less than I pay for saddles) that I'm in the process of tuning up for the season to give us both some exercise and hopefully some quality time together (as long as I don't try to pedal too fast). ;)

So, there you have it, a whole huge paragraph of mashed together bicycle stuff to mull over and dig through. So, your turn, reply in kind, or don't, your option. Choose to be part of the solution, or not.

Have a very nice day, hope you get to ride soon as cabin fever is often worse than the flu.

Mike (at work limping along with a cripled computer system, and snowed it when I get home with tooooooo much work to do around the house not counting the cycling stuff I also want to fit into the schedule, and there's more, much more, but someone is probably about ready to throw a discarded wornout chainring at me so I'll stop typing here.

·
The web is a MUT
1,373 Posts
Ahem yourself :)

J's Haiku Shop said:
post something wildly popular and it'll get locked up there. perhaps podium babes? it's almost friday.
It's Friday somewhere in the world right now, and rumor has it that you have a huge depository of applicable pics to post should you find the need and time. Take the lead, please. Pretty please? With sugar on top? Or topless if it's work approved and won't get me fired. 8)

Or post another pic of a bike, those are good to.

Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fine, I guess lack of sun and any sort of outdoor cycling has play havc with me. Try racing you will still have fun even out of shape. Maybe find some local weekly crit races.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Who's Who

Hey J,

This is probably a big mojo to attempt to realese on the new format and software so soon, but I'd like to see a who's who on RBR post. It would likely need to address things that don't show in a profile, or maybe not, go ahead and duplicate stuff. Since you're the father of the "mother of all posts" on the old software I'll leave it to you to make the call.

Scot

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
great idea

will do. let me come up with some good questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts