Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
likes to eat donuts
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rode wearing my new Sidi Genius 5 shoes, and encountered a problem of having the buckles undo on their own. This must have happened at least 6 or 7 times during my hour and a half ride, and I kept having to reach down and tighten them up each time, which was understandibly very annoying. Can anyone tell me why this might be happening?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I had Sidis and mine never loosened. I didn't like either the buckles or the shoes. IME, they just can't compare to my Shimano 151s.

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Is the buckle twisted slightly so that the ratchet strap doesn't go straight into the buckle? If it's not lined up just right, the teeth of the stap may not engage properly with the teeth of the buckle, and it won't lock into place well. You might be able to twist the buckle slightly if it's only held in with one rivet/screw. If it has 2 rivets, then it was probably installed defectively. If it uses 2 screws, you might be able to loosen them a bit and adjust the angle a bit. If not, the holes that were punched in the shoe for the rivets/screws could have been punched incorrectly, giving a defective shoe.

If you can't fix it, send the shoes back. Don't ask for new buckles because installing new buckles in misplaced holes will result in the same problem.

Hopefully you can just twist them and solve the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.