Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· aka Zoo
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sold several bikes in the past, but there's only two that I've regretted selling, a 2005 Colnago MIX and a 2007 Redline Conquest Pro, sold both bikes when I got laid off last year (only 2 of 4 bikes I sold during this time period), I've since replaced them with other bikes now that I'm working again but those two put the old saying "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" to use. What have you sold that you regret?

· Registered
3,866 Posts
Not sold...I gave away two bikes that I thought would be put to good use. The first was a Guerciotti SLX. I gave it to a kid who had a drug problem, hoping it would put him on the right track. Never heard from the kid and no clue what happened to the bike. I still remember the serial number 57M.

I gave away my Klein Quantum Race to a 26 year old guy who used to race. All his bike gear and bike were stolen from his van. He sold the bike to his dad for $200.00 then left town. The dad bought a new bike and I think that Klein just hangs in his garage now.

I regret getting rid of the Guerciotti. I seldom rode the Klein anyway, it needed work.

I guess the moral of the story is you can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink.

· Registered
3,096 Posts
My 1987 Battaglin Columbus SL "Carrera Team." Full DuraAce 7400, Cinelli bar and stem, Regal saddle, Mavics, etc.

What the h**l was I thinking!

· duh...
9,749 Posts
never had seller's remorse... there's usually a reason bikes get sold. closest thing is pa giving my fs 5-spd schwinn lemon peeler away to a cousin many yrs ago

· Registered
289 Posts
IF Cross

I really regret selling a white IF Planet a few years ago so I went and spent twice what I sold it for to replace it! Except now it's maroon. There's something special about the IF Cross bikes and I'm hoping the new owner appreciates it. Can't even remember the reason that I parted with it, probably just had too many rides and felt guilty to my wife haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.