Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my wheelset. I prefer 30mm - 40mm clincher rims. They can be carbon or aluminum. I would like them to weight equal to or less than 1520g. I'd like to keep the price at or below $900.00. I do not race, ride between 100 and 200 miles a week in a hilly area. I do 1-3 mountain climbs a week. I weigh 192 lbs. I descend like a maniac. I would appreciate any and all suggestions on a wheelset that will fit my desires, riding style and pocket book. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Daren said:
I am looking to upgrade my wheelset. I prefer 30mm - 40mm clincher rims. They can be carbon or aluminum. I would like them to weight equal to or less than 1520g. I'd like to keep the price at or below $900.00. I do not race, ride between 100 and 200 miles a week in a hilly area. I do 1-3 mountain climbs a week. I weigh 192 lbs. I descend like a maniac. I would appreciate any and all suggestions on a wheelset that will fit my desires, riding style and pocket book. Thanks in advance.
For a lot less $ than that you could have Nio30s, CX-Rays, and White Industries hubs... and under 1500g. You could save ~65g by going with an Alchemy front and a DT240 rear and still be under $900.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Daren said:
Like rruff said.

Niob30 rims, WI or DT 240s Hubs, CX-Rays or DT Aerolite spokes.
Under $900 under 1520g.

My 30mm/240s/Aero came in at 1465g

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
>1520g @ c.40mm.. for under $1k... good luck...

try carbon tubbies or full carbon clinchers... then u are pushing the $$$

if you want clinchers for not too much, try ec70 sl wheels... pretty nice alu/carb combo, but they are a real weight around 1750g...

alternatively bikesoul.com has their new all alu 40mm wheelset for cheap... around 400 delivered ...about 1.7kg as well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.