Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
if those are your only two options .......

time to make a sammich

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
Used to refuse to order from Dominos because I hated that my pizza money was going to support causes I really didn't like.

But these days I don't order Dominos or PJs because there's always at least 5 local choices that cost the same, use better ingredients and offer better variety.

Support yer local pizzaria- where else are you gonna get the swiss pig- Full strips of bacon, Canadian bacon, Fresh mushrooms, swiss cheese and barbeque sauce!

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
Gave Domino's a shot after they claimed to improve. Had to kick them back to the curb. The mean free path between ingredients is almost up to where it was before.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Ugh, for real?

glad you posed this question, just so I could thumb my nose at both!

But, if you HAVE to pick, this vegetarian prefers the new, re-formulated Domino's.

Papa john's is just too greasy, too sweet, not savory enough. I wonder how much high-fructose corn syrup they use?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
digiorno cheese stuffed crust from the grocery.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Papa John's, but only because it comes with that incredible garlic butter sauce. Jesus Christ, that stuff should be illegal.

Oh, it also comes with pepperoncinis, which are delicious.

joe

·
Still On Steel
2,391 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Papa John's, but only because it comes with that incredible garlic butter sauce. Jesus Christ, that stuff should be illegal.
^^^^^^^ This.

Oh, it also comes with pepperoncinis, which are delicious.
^^^^^^^ And this.

Also because the pizza itself puts Domino's on the trailer.

·
Opus was just napping
21,655 Posts
If I am going to eat shiat pizza I am giving my money to the Illitch family so they can keep the Wings, Tigers (and possibly soon) the Pistons competitive.

//Little Ceasers...Hot n' Now 5.55

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Dude, support your LPS.

What are you going to do when the pizza needs servicing? You think Papa John is going to give a damn about that pizza after he's sold it to you? I think not.

What about fit? What if the pieces are too large to fit into your mouth? Fitment is crucial, and you're talking about just ordering this crap over the phone?

What about soul? Papa John ain't go no soul man, it's not hand crafted. Ingredients are trucked in an assembled by people who don't give a damn about aesthetics much less quality ingredients and craftsmanship.

You might as well just pick up a frozen Totinos man.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Thanks, we needed this.

I will admit on a trip or two we've gotten a little caesars, I am pretty glad I didn't have a geiger counter handy but for five bucks to feet two people, it wasn't too bad.

Jim311 said:
Dude, support your LPS.

What are you going to do when the pizza needs servicing? You think Papa John is going to give a damn about that pizza after he's sold it to you? I think not.

What about fit? What if the pieces are too large to fit into your mouth? Fitment is crucial, and you're talking about just ordering this crap over the phone?

What about soul? Papa John ain't go no soul man, it's not hand crafted. Ingredients are trucked in an assembled by people who don't give a damn about aesthetics much less quality ingredients and craftsmanship.

You might as well just pick up a frozen Totinos man.

·
\m/{-_-}\m/
787 Posts
Papa John's hands down.

I spent a few years each in a Domino's and a PJ's and I can say first hand that Papa John's ingredients really are much fresher.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah but lombardi's is in brooklyn and only does pies i cant ride all the way home with a pie and not wind up busting my ass it aint worth it bro. that's why god made delivery lol

plus they cant pay the rent they are puttin their asses out on the street.

no, the choice for tonight is dominos or papa johns....i think pj's is out in front unofficically. but i went in there the other day and this lady with her son, flame was pumping out of her ears she was pissed off. said the pizza tasted, well, tasted like shyt.

i was like dayumn....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts