Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody want an appartment-mate? anybody want to hire a graphic designer/artsy-fartsy photographer?

i'm specifically looking at the western addition, s. market and pateria 'hoods.

I'm 36 years old. very clean, except for the reefer and harp lager. very neat except for the piles of clutter. very quite except for the never-ending roar of old-school new york hardcore blazing from my ghetto blaster. will have 2-4 bicycles and 2 of the craziest cats you've ever seen.

if you're a single, 29 year old dutch, or hungarian/czeck girl who wears librarian-style glasses and a gold belly chain, please email me directly with photos.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Don't anymore, but still have relatives & visit often

It's a really fun place to live, one of my favorite cities (I'm about 200 miles away now and still visit often). Biggest problem, aside from the usual urban traffic-parking-two-hour-waits for dinner, is cost: Median home price is around $700,000 now, and no sign of significant softening. Prices were going up 20-30 percent a year for awhile. It's not much better anywhere else in the area, either. Fifty miles south in San Jose it's $650,000, and across the bay in Oakland, more than half a million. Graphic designers and artsy-fartsy photogs are a dime a dozen, too. My son's an editor/graphics guy in Santa Cruz, a couple of hours away, and he's stretching a $30,000 salary to cover $950/mo. rent.
Not trying to discourage you, but a lot of people have moved to that area thinking they'll manage for awhile on the cheap until they get settled, and it's really hard to do.

Speed_Metal said:
anybody want an appartment-mate? anybody want to hire a graphic designer/artsy-fartsy photographer?

i'm specifically looking at the western addition, s. market and pateria 'hoods.

I'm 36 years old. very clean, except for the reefer and harp lager. very neat except for the piles of clutter. very quite except for the never-ending roar of old-school new york hardcore blazing from my ghetto blaster. will have 2-4 bicycles and 2 of the craziest cats you've ever seen.

if you're a single, 29 year old dutch, or hungarian/czeck girl who wears librarian-style glasses and a gold belly chain, please email me directly with photos.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i live in bklyn and am very familiar with outrageous rent. i'm also open to any kind of work that might reward me an appreciatively fair paycheck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts