Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking for a travel bike for a year or so. This bike showed up on-line 6 weeks ago or so.

- One Owner bike with low miles.
- Geometry was perfect for me.
- Came with Case and all packing items.

Owner told me it was used, but you would never know it from looking at it....it was well maintained.

It rides better than it looks.....just perfect for it's intended purpose.

I had RecoveredSaddles recover an SLR and he worked w HandleBra to match the bar tape. He did a great job.

Len
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

·
Boobies!
8,173 Posts
Schweet!

Color me jealous--I'm still looking for one that I can afford (or to be able to chop my Mercian).

Nice that you got the hard sided case too... )\<rereading is good>

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
Very nice bike. Not sure what you mean by "It rides better than it looks.....just perfect for it's intended purpose." It looks good!

I guess you'll put your other bike up for sale now.:)
That would violate the equation N=N+1. :p

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
WOWZA!!!! That looks brand new Len! You scored a sweet machine!!!

The bike looks familiar though. Was it on eBay? (I've been hunting for a Ti S&S frame/bike for the wife.) is it a 56x56?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
WOWZA!!!! That looks brand new Len! You scored a sweet machine!!!

The bike looks familiar though. Was it on eBay? (I've been hunting for a Ti S&S frame/bike for the wife.) is it a 56x56?
It's a 57.5 x 57.5. I bought it off a listing on v-salon.

I was actually looking for ti also, but this sizing was perfect, the bike was in great shape, it came w everything I needed and the price was good.

Truth is with all the tubes wrapped w the full velcroe wrapping, the bike should stay pretty untarnished.

Len

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a chance. This will ( mostly) stay in the travel case and be thrown in the car when we travel.

Len

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Not a chance. This will ( mostly) stay in the travel case and be thrown in the car when we travel.

Len
I said that very same thing about my coupled Dean. I keep it built and ready to ride whenever I feel like riding Ti. I'll bet dollars to donuts that you will want to ride it more often than only as a travel bike.

i knew I saw that Serotta before. Congrats again on the beautiful bike!

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I said that very same thing about my coupled Dean. I keep it built and ready to ride whenever I feel like riding Ti. I'll bet dollars to donuts that you will want to ride it more often than only as a travel bike.

i knew I saw that Serotta before. Congrats again on the beautiful bike!
Thanks................ I am lucky enough to have some pretty amazing other bikes to ride....including this steel bike. Len

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Very nice bike. Not sure what you mean by "It rides better than it looks.....just perfect for it's intended purpose." It looks good!

Yeah, it's probably one of the most beautiful bikes that I ever saw, for this style. I have to admit that I am a bit jeaulus as well lol ;p

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, it's probably one of the most beautiful bikes that I ever saw, for this style. I have to admit that I am a bit jeaulus as well lol ;p
Wow...thanks. Len

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.