Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Love the silver touches. Everyone and their mother has black. Keep it like it is. It's perfect. Actually a silver seat post would complete the look but not necessary.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
February 17th update:

I went out and completed must first real test ride, a 40 mile circuit on my new Serotta Fierte and it was a total pleasure. I have to say that this is the most comfortable bike I own, better than my KHS Reynolds 853 and/or my TST Titanium. Super, super, super smooth is the only way to describe it. Even though it is 3 to 4 pounds heavier than my lightest bikes, once you're up to speed, it moves happily along.

I've also made a slight modification, by switching out the bottle cages from the Tacx Tao to some red alloy cages I got from Excel. Opinions please - which looks better? In addition to the cages, I am going to see what a silver Thomson Elite with setback looks like versus the Ritchey WCS.

·
I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED
181 Posts
blandin said:
I went out and completed must first real test ride, a 40 mile circuit on my new Serotta Fierte and it was a total pleasure. I have to say that this is the most comfortable bike I own, better than my KHS Reynolds 853 and/or my TST Titanium. Super, super, super smooth is the only way to describe it. Even though it is 3 to 4 pounds heavier than my lightest bikes, once you're up to speed, it moves happily along.

I've also made a slight modification, by switching out the bottle cages from the Tacx Tao to some red alloy cages I got from Excel. Opinions please - which looks better? In addition to the cages, I am going to see what a silver Thomson Elite with setback looks like versus the Ritchey WCS.

IMO go w/the Tacx cages and keep the black seatpost as it goes well w/the black
stem.

Veni Vidi Vici

·
Frog Whisperer
40,866 Posts
blandin said:
Thanks for the nice comments. As to the bar tape, the silver sounded good to me before the build, and now I'm thinking I'll go with black. The Vittoria Open Corsa tires were chosen for their high TPI count to compliment the steel ride, and I think I'll ride them for a while, and maybe try red a little further down the road.
Pardon my candor but that silver tape looks a lot like duct tape....heheheh....you must be from the midwest....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for all the great comments, I think I am going to have to play around a while longer until I hit the combination that "speaks to me". :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
OK then, I have played around a bit with the final touches on my Fierte build, including trying the silver Thomson setback suggested by WheresWaldo - which I didn't like when i got it on the bike. Anyway, I think I have it where I want it - subject to the comments and approval of my fellow forum members.

I've decided after all that I actually like the silver bar tape - it grows on you after awhile. I have switched out the red Aliante seat for one with black with red trim. I took of the red cages and replaced them with a set of Minoura alloy cages that match well with the silver lettering. Hopefully - I'm done.

Aside from tinkering with the look, I couldn't be happier with my Fierte - it is proving to incredibly smooth and comfortable, and once up to speed, is happy to move smartly along at whatever pace I like.

Here are the new pictures.

·
Registered
475 Posts
go with thomson, set back in silver, but then you would also need a thomson stem to match since it's one of the only avilible silver threadless stems left, but it would be a bit heavier then your wcs stem.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I like the red bottle cages the best.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts