Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Pluto
31 Posts
Serotta Fierta

Fierta means pride and I do have pride in my 2005 model. comfortable and fast enough that I keep up with others in fast group rides (or lead group rides). it is not a racer but if you want an over all solid bike I think you will be happy. I have over 5000 miles on mine and has worked well with no trouble. I put fairly high end components and wheels on it which I think is key to making this frame work best. I went with ultegra and Mavic elite wheels, carbon fork and seat post.

I am looking at moving to a bike with a true race profile like the Tarmac SL but will only buy if I can get a deal early next year on the 08 model. Almost bought a 2007 but didnt pull the trigger in time. However, I do NOT plan to sell my Serotta.

Good luck.

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Try the Serotta forum. Labeled "Message Board" on the Serotta.com website.

The only difference between the current model and previous models in the addition of carbon seat stays. I had one and would have kept it forever but I found an unbelieveable deal on a Legend frame in the Serotta Garage. I was looking for bare titanium so I would not have to worry about chipped/scratched paint again. I am seeing more of these bikes around Indianapolis. It is really a great value in a stock, steel frame, albeit with a carbon fork and seat stays on the new model. The new model won plush road bike honors this past year so the carbon seat stay must have made a difference because it was previously in second place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.