Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a shot of my 2008 Legend TR ready for a Pacific Northwest winter. I've got about 1,300-miles on it. The wheels are DT Swiss 340 / TK-7.1 rims, both 32-spokes. The tires are Continental 4 Season 28-mm folding style. The carbon fork is an IRD 57 Mosaic with aluminum steerer, the brakes are Shimano Ultegra long reach 57-mm, and the rest of the components are Dura Ace. The black leather saddle is a Brooks B17 titanium. I removed the computer for the winter.<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
rmsmith said:
This is my first Serotta a Legend TR, which is a sportive or light touring design. It has more trail and wheelbase than a typical road bike. Its handling characteristics are predicable and slow, which better suits my solo fitness riding style. I am really surprised at how stable it rides in the wind, and this year we've had more windy days than I can remember. I also have an IRD Mosaic 57 fork too, which can better handle fenders. The bike was designed for longer reach brakes, so a set of 36-spoke Phil Wood touring wheels with 28-mm Continental 4 Season tires and some Bike Planet full fenders will fit gracefully for road trips.
Beautiful nude titanium is now my favorite. No more chipped/scratched/smudged paint for me. Mine is a 2007 SE ST purchased from the Serotta garage advertised as a lightly used demo. I got the frame and F-3 for about 1/3 the normal price. Unfortuneately the ds rear dropout cracked and it is at Serotta for repair. Hopefully I will get it back this week in time for RAIN.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.