Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the cristallo geometry chart at competitivecyclist.com, and one thing that struck me as kind of strange was the 'setback' measurement on the Cristallo's.
For the size '50', which seems to be equivalent to a '54' in a C50, the setback is 13.3cm, which is a full centimeter shorter than the C50.

What effect does this have on the ride/fit? Just results in the saddle being pushed a bit further back? Although, the seat angles are the same, 74 (how can the seat angle be the same if the setback is that different? I suck at geometry...)....

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
[email protected],

The Cristallo's measurements are based on 'sloping' geometry (a sloping top tube). C50's come in both 'sloping' and 'traditional' (horizontal top tube) geometries. Is it possible that you are looking at the traditional geometry chart for the C50? If so, scroll down to the sloping chart and you will see that the Christollo and C50 charts are the same.

One variable in the setback measurment, according to the Colnago diagrams, is actual seat tube length. This will be different for sloping and traditional geometries in the same frame size and may account for the difference in setback that you mentioned. I Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Tshirt

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I guess I assumed that setback was measured from the BB back to the 'virtual' meeting spot of a top tube and seat tube on a horizontal..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts