Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
I'd get a Neuvation or an ebay one first. No frame experience, but the compoenents I had were sub par, and the metal parts rusted very easily.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
i wouldn't go with that sette. personally i think its very ugly, and you can get those generic frames for much cheaper, like neuvation or make good friends with your lbs to get better deals

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
I forgot about the Ribble cycles, the Gran Fondo is about the same price, but looks a lot nicer.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
You may be able to get a carbon frame somewhere else cheaper, but it isn't going to have a 5 year warranty backed by a kick ass company like Price Point. if the geo and sizing works for her, I say it's a damn good option.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone ever tried out the planet x frame-set? I like the price of the pricepoint frame and I like the understated look that it has. I just need to ask the wife what she likes better.

Not a fan of the HTA/STA <-----------what does this mean?

·
Registered
339 Posts
St.Zu said:
Anyone ever tried out the planet x frame-set? I like the price of the pricepoint frame and I like the understated look that it has. I just need to ask the wife what she likes better.

HTA = Head Tube Angle
STA = Seat Tube Angle

He does not like the geometry of the frame. As others said, if it fits you, it may be good. If it does not fit you, its not good at any price.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RussellS said:
HTA = Head Tube Angle
STA = Seat Tube Angle

He does not like the geometry of the frame. As others said, if it fits you, it may be good. If it does not fit you, its not good at any price.
Thanks Russell

So has anyone had any experience with the Planet X framesets?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
St.Zu said:

uh dude, if u dont know how to read the geometry and understand every single aspect of the geometry, DO NOT BUY THE BIKE ONLINE. You need a pro to size and fit you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts