Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I'm looking for advice on a new road bike. I have it narrowed down to the two bikes listed here but am always open to suggestions if better values are out there that I'm unaware of. I have a MAXIMUM budget of $3000 but would prefer to spend less than $2500. I will mostly be doing group or individual rides for ~150-200 miles per week but will likely not be entering any races. My average ride is about 30-35 miles (25 min, 50 max). I already have the Sette CX1 cross bike and love it, but I have no experience with BMC products. Any insight is much appreciated.

Sette Forza Pro Ultegra Carbon Road Bike at Price Point

2012 BMC Road Racer SL01/Shimano Ultegra Complete Bike - 2012 - Competitive Cyclist

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Same price. Both probably ride well. Both probably made well. DT Swiss wheels over Mavics. Unique Asian-made BMC frame over generic Asian-mold discount superstore branded frame. BMC for the win.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
You should go for fit.

Did you know, for example, that the 51 BMC has a 53 effective top tube?

If that's new to you or you're just not great at reading a Geo chart you should get the BMC of these two because Competative Cyclist has a great return policy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I agree that the Sette Gold Paint is horrible and that CC has a great return policy. I'm just not sure about the BMC geometry, especially since its called the SL01 (slow one). :)

·
irony intended
772 Posts
And the Sette has a 54 ETT on its size 51!

You should go for fit.

Did you know, for example, that the 51 BMC has a 53 effective top tube?

If that's new to you or you're just not great at reading a Geo chart you should get the BMC of these two because Competative Cyclist has a great return policy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like the 3T components better on the Sette, on the BMC I prefer the paint scheme & wheelset if you are going to use them. It's a toss up they are pretty equal, Ride both which ever one fits better and you feel you would want to ride more pick that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.