Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have long been in the habit of buying and extra tire or two on sale. I always love having an extra chain or handle bar taoe around when I suddenly get the urge to tune up the bike....

Just curious what the home mechanics out there stock up on for the home work shop?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Tape, lots of tape. Seems that my friends are always coming over with crappy looking, torn tape and hoping for a spare roll.......

I also have spare chains, a spare cassette and a spare set of pedals plus other odds and ends.......

Zach

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cables and Housing (along with end caps and ferrules), extra chain, small parts (bolts, screws, etc), pedal cleats, bearings (3/16 and 1/4 for Shimano hubs), bearing grease, extra set of brake pads, freehub body (again for Shimano hubs), Velox rim tape, degreaser, bike polish

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Cables/housing, bartape, spare bits that are likely to break: derailleurs, etc.

I also tend to keep things to build up an 'emergency bike.' Bars, stems, cranks, etc. but that's just me.

M

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Tires, tubes, and cables. I have other stuff, too. A LOT of other stuff that's just accumulated from almost 50 years of riding.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Stock

spepic said:
I have long been in the habit of buying and extra tire or two on sale. I always love having an extra chain or handle bar taoe around when I suddenly get the urge to tune up the bike....

Just curious what the home mechanics out there stock up on for the home work shop?
Like others: tires, tubes, bar tape, chains, cassettes, brake pads, cables, rim tape, patch kits, seat bags, and on and on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.