Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading east to the circle at US 6 you come across a sign warning bikes off the PIP. Are there any other thou-shall-not-pass roads? Continuing through the circle I was on a full-blown highway for a bit before turning at the exit for Bear Mountain. I had one of those "this must be legit" vs "what am I doing on a highway?" quandaries.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well it was bound to happen yesterday on my way back from harriman I was stopped by park police on the road leading back to bear mtn. They had set up a check point of sorts stopping cars. I was stopped and was asked were i was just coming from. Well it was a little too obvious that I had just got off the Pkwy. I was told that bikes are not allowed on the Pkwy and that there was a fatality last year. Finally to tell all my "biker friends" to stay off the Pkwy....

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I can assume the red line is "no go?" I asked a cyclist coming the opposite direction and he just said to follow the sign for Bear Mountain. Nice the police are keeping the road safe from errant bikes in addition to inebriated SUV drivers.

Blue Yellow Green Orange Atmosphere

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats correct, the red line would be a no go. The way to get into harriman legally would be via gate hill road. Too bad because seven lakes is a real nice road to access all that harriman has to offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.