Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to put my Seven Mudhoney S up for sale and I need help with getting the correct frame measurements for any prospective buyers. I usually ride a 57-58cm frame so where do I start as I purchased this bike from a buddy who never rode it and I have no paper work from Seven.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I am getting ready to put my Seven Mudhoney S up for sale and I need help with getting the correct frame measurements for any prospective buyers. I usually ride a 57-58cm frame so where do I start as I purchased this bike from a buddy who never rode it and I have no paper work from Seven.
measure up the seat tube from the center of the BB (middle of the crank bolt) to the middle of the Top Tube. As for the TT, it depends if the bike is compact geo or normal

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
If you just google geometry chart you'll find plenty of diagrams showing where measurements come from.

Then problem here, though, is that it's a custom frame so you won't really have a good way of determining seat tube angle. A lot of buyers might not care but it definitely comes into play in determining the reach of a certain top tube measurement. And discerning buyers will care about reach not top tube length. I suppose if anyone asks you could just measure the reach though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called Seven, serial numbers on back right drop out when you take the rear wheel off. Pulled serial numbers and Seven gave me the spec sheet!! Great people to deal with!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.