Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
OnTheRivet said:
Suprising, I figured he'd be hung out in the wind because of his name being mentioned in the Spanish affair.
Yeah that is surprising. I think it's a big surprise that Kirchen was left off. He was very strong at the TdS in the mountains. Guerini and Sevilla should be good in the mountains and if Kloden and Mazzoleni come good as well then Jan will have plenty of support where he is likely to need it.

·
It's in the game!
2,060 Posts
TMob is weighted to the climbers so...their strategy will be quite predictable.... TT for the time gains and isolate the other GC's in the mountains. It has worked before I guess. They might have a hard time controlling the peloton if they do get the jersey though.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
OnTheRivet said:
Suprising, I figured he'd be hung out in the wind because of his name being mentioned in the Spanish affair.
Maybe this has something to do with why T-mobile decided to go with the on form Sevilla, if they lose him they're likely to lose Ullrich as well. Sevilla's claims appear to have been substantiated with Jan being linked to the Fuentes affair now.

From Velonews:

Ullrich's Spanish T-Mobile teammate Oscar Sevilla has been implicated in the affair although at the end of May he denied having any contact with Fuentes.

El País claims Sevilla told other cyclists: "If they sack me, they have to sack Ullrich too, he's also involved."

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dwayne Barry said:
Maybe this has something to do with why T-mobile decided to go with the on form Sevilla, if they lose him they're likely to lose Ullrich as well. Sevilla's claims appear to have been substantiated with Jan being linked to the Fuentes affair now.

From Velonews:

Ullrich's Spanish T-Mobile teammate Oscar Sevilla has been implicated in the affair although at the end of May he denied having any contact with Fuentes.

El País claims Sevilla told other cyclists: "If they sack me, they have to sack Ullrich too, he's also involved."
The house of cards will fall in the next week. Chavanel wins the Tour De France.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.