Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
desmo13 said:
Looked like they stripped the paint and stuck some stickers on.. wasn't a Kestrel?
From what I saw, the seat stays looked different. So did the seat cluster. Could have just been me, but it looked non-standard. But I guess there isn't really standard equipment when it comes to RR.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It looked like last years DeRosa King3. From the front view the curves of the fork and seatstays resembled that of the King's.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I noticed that too. At first I assumed that they repainted the bikes because there was talk that the riders were given spray paint to "customize" their rides. There was someone else on Rock, I think he was in a break, who had a black fork on what looked like the Kestral frame. I suspect it wasnt the fork that came with the bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you noticed his bike even had the Stella Azzura stems that they used last year and not the PRO's that they are using this year.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I know cycling news had Paco's bike weighing in at over UCI limit. Perhaps Oscar wanted a lighter bike for the difficult climbing day.

The helmet though it what got me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts