Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be spending 2 days at a conference/hotel at SFO, and am curious if there are any local road rides that would allow a quick getaway (after 5 pm) and maybe an hour of nice spinning without too much traffic or hassle?

Then I'll be staying downtown near the Embarcadero for another conference for 3 more days. Same question - after work one hour ride - low hassle.

Probably tough to find a low hassle ride in such a populated place. But then I glanced at google maps and wondered how easy it'd be to pedal across the golden gate to sausalito. or from near the airport maybe it's a decent ride over to half moon bay?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
There are some nice bike paths along the bay south of the airport.

You really do not want to climb Hwy 92 during the evening rush hour. Better is to head south on Canada and climb Kings Mtn, then take Skyline (Hwy 35) north and descend Hwy 92.

Riding in the city on weekdays is pretty slow going. There are lots of bike lanes, but also lots of stop lights and lots of traffic.

·
For president!
7,802 Posts
oldskoolboarder said:
If you're already downtown, why not ride along the bay and up the Golden Gate across to Marin?
Agreed, head up to Marin, and either turn left, go out to Marin headlands, or turn right, go down into Sausalito. Marin Headlands is a decent hill, but shorter. Sausalito starts with a decent downhill, then is quite flat through town. Google marin county bike map and you'll get more info on bike paths and good routes in marin county.

As for SFO area, good luck, I don't know a thing about it.

Silas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts