Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never really had any problem with acne since a short stint in HS. I start cycling and all of a sudden I get hit with shacne! Shoulder acne. WTF is this? And why just there? So weird and sometimes painful even. Geez. Anyone know what to do about it?

·
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well considering Im female, I'll take this over a beard anyday.

·
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I'm quite sure this isn't shingles. It's not excrutiating pain and it's not itchy, or on any other part of my body. It came up as soon as I started wearing cycling jerseys. The short sleeved area is where its at. Maybe its an allergic reaction to the jersey? But why just on my shoulders! So perplexing.

·
Registered
21,635 Posts
Bibs?

180 said:
No I'm quite sure this isn't shingles. It's not excrutiating pain and it's not itchy, or on any other part of my body. It came up as soon as I started wearing cycling jerseys. The short sleeved area is where its at. Maybe its an allergic reaction to the jersey? But why just on my shoulders! So perplexing.
Are you using bib shorts, and if so is the acne under the bib straps? At any rate, all signs point to some sort of irritation with the fabric, whether from the bibs or the jerseys. There are a number of different types of fabric used in jerseys, so you might want to try other brands. Also, you might try running the rinse cycle twice on your washing machine, or switching detergents. Assuming this is not the first activity you've engaged in that involves sweating, it's hard to see how cycling alone could be the issue.

·
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kerry Irons said:
Are you using bib shorts, ....
Nope don't wear the bibs. Its not at all on top of my shoulders, or the back, its just on the sides right where the sleeves reside. Why isn't it on my chest, back, or stomach if its the fabric? It's just a freak thing I guess. Why am I the only one who has this? I'm gunna call my mom and yell at her for making me this way.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
180 said:
Nope don't wear the bibs. Its not at all on top of my shoulders, or the back, its just on the sides right where the sleeves reside. Why isn't it on my chest, back, or stomach if its the fabric? It's just a freak thing I guess. Why am I the only one who has this? I'm gunna call my mom and yell at her for making me this way.
your a smart girl.......It's ALWAYS moms fault.

Puberty plays funny tricks on us....LOL

(hope you know I'm kidding)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
See a dermatologist.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Better than the face. Or Gonads.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
snapdragen said:
I don't think 180 has those...
unless she is using someone elses pictures on her web-site..

·
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They seem more predominant on the left shoulder. The saga continues....

I've decided to limit my jersey wearing to see if it helps. Goin with good old sport tanks for now. I'm also going to get a different shower soap. Right now I use Suave and I don't think that stuff works very well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts