Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
The 3T Ergonova feels shallower than the other two due to the drop shape. Since it's flaring it will not meet your demand for 44 cm c-c at the hoods. A 44 is appx. 42 cm at the hoods.

The Pro Vibe 7s Compact is 125mm, and has no flare.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,985 Posts
I have the Easton EC90 SLX bars, but they are 130mm drop (not exactly a huge difference). I like them because they're light and not crazy expensive, I bought 2 at $99 a while back. They come in 46cm.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Easton EC70 is the same shape as EC90 for less money. The drop is about as shallow as you're gonna get, I think!! I love 'em.

EC90 MSRP is $250, I think. I thought I got a deal at $170, but that's definitely not $99 like previous poster. I'd buy a dozen at $99 and sell 'em on eBay!!

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,985 Posts
I think I got one cheap at Jenson USA. They still have a leftover for $120, but it's 38cm.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,985 Posts
Do you know if it flares out at the drop? And if so, is the 38cm measured at the drops or hoods?
Measurements are at the drops. The hoods are about 1cm less, so a 42cm center to center bar is about 41cm at the hoods.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the tips! Bontrager looked nice.
I've ordered the 2013 model of FSA K-wing. One feature i liked on the revised 2013 K-wing, is that the bottom handles have been made longer. When i ordered my PZ racing CR 3.1 i viewed FSA K-wing 2012. It had similar bottom handles as the PZ Racing. But now i find both a shallower drop (125mm compaired to my bar which has 140mm) and longer handles which i find appealing. Only minus is that the widest K-wing, is still more narrow over the hoods than my CR 3.1 bar. Otherwise i believe my current bar is very close to K-wing. So i hope the K-wing has the features my bar is missing. I just can't wait to try it out:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.