Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
I'm going to sell my KG 361 this spring, too. I think I'll wait a few more weeks......

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Flogging time!

C-40 said:
Flog me hard. I'm selling the C-40. Probably too early in the year.
C40, you are a real credit to this board by taking some much of your time to help others, mostly with fit questions. In my opinion, you are among the elite people around here with your knowledge, and willingness to share it.

Please don't take this the wrong way but...please don't post links like this again. The board would be pure crap is everyone posted links to their auctions and sale stuff.

Sorry to bag on you.

Keep up with the good advice.

Ed

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh it hurts!

I know you've been dieing to see if my bike was set up as I've described. No worse than those that post pics of the bike they just built, IMO. The only thing that's not my setup is the saddle and the saddle height is 1.5cm higher than I use.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
something different...

I ordered a new LOOK KG461, in the 51cm size, with sloping TT from the Natomas bike shop, recommended by Jed Peters. The head tube is SHORT, so a stem angle of either 90 or 96 degrees will be required. No big stack of spacers for me!

I like the sloping TT frames and I'm migrating toward smaller frames. This is as small as I can possibly ride.

The bike will be set up for climbing with FSA Team issue carbon crank (53/39/30) Campy Record 10 group and 12-25 cassette. An FSA carbon post with more setback will be used due to the steep STA. Stem length will probably be 105 or 110mm with the saddle back pretty far.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The fit was OK...

But moving the saddle back 2cm for better climbing did require a 1cm shorter stem (100mm instead of 110mm) and shorter reach Salsa bars.

The new LOOK KG461won't fit significantly different, but the sloping TT will expose more seat post and the short head tube will require more stem rise.

·
Registered
151 Posts
C-40 said:
I know you've been dieing to see if my bike was set up as I've described. No worse than those that post pics of the bike they just built, IMO. The only thing that's not my setup is the saddle and the saddle height is 1.5cm higher than I use.

Nice bike. So what are you replacing it with?

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
easy enough..

The shape of the anatomic bend would rarely affect the ability to shift from the drops, IMO. Depends how big your hands are and where you have them when you try to shift. My hands are quite small and I get by OK.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Dude, you're going to love it. I just got a 461 and I really like the combo of relatively light weight, good stiff BB, and Look's great ride. Mine isn't sloping since it's a 57, but I have an FSA Pro crank on it, 12-27 rear cassette, D/A shifters (9 speed), front and rear der, Ultegra calipers, Ksyrium, a weyless pro Cf post, and Time impacts on it. When it gets decent outside, I'll see how she climbs. The 2 rides that I've done were just rollers but suffice it to say that I was VERY impressed.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
KG461 for C40?

Are you out of your mind? You have an awesome carbon frame and your are just going to sell that bike for a loss just to get a 461? I have a KG361 and I find it awesome but if I had a carbon Colnago with that paint job and those parts, I would most definitely keep it.

Like I said, I love my Look bike, I truly don't want anything else. It looks great and rides great and most of all, it fits perfect, so it is a joy to ride. But if I had a Colnago like yours, I would keep it.

I just looked at the Colnago geometry chart and compared it to the Look and I think you are better off on a 53. Especially with the integrated headset. The TT lengths are just about the same and you can play with the saddle position to get the seat in the same place as the Colnago to make up for the STA difference without any problems. I used to have a small Giant and had to get rid of it, kept hitting the stem with the knees. TT was too short. I know you do your homework on fit but maybe you should think about it some more......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fork cut down...

C-40 said:
Sorry if this comes off the wrong way. But with the fork cut down to no spacers and
the seat to bar height at 5 inches, you just eliminated 90% of the riders out there that
can't ride with the freakly drops. Just some friendly advice for your next setup if you're
going to sell every year.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not my saddle height...

My saddle height is 1.5cm lower than shown in the pictures. Seatposts do move up and down you know. My saddle to bar height is about 9cm, which is not unusual for a fit rider (and I'm 50). IMO, it would look pretty stupid to put a stack of spacers on top of the stem, just so I could sell the bike easier in the future. Also, using stem angle to raise the bars produces a more rigid setup than using spacers, although it does not permit small incremental adjustments. I try to buy a bike with a headtube length that produces the bar height that I want without spacers if at all possible. I hate spacers!

My new KG461 will have a 1cm extended top on the FSA integreated headset, but the total height will be over 1cm less than the Colnago. I plan to use either a 90 or 96 degree stem and NO spacers to get the 87.5cm bar height that I need.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.