Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second invite to come on down to Lynchburg and visit me and The Missus for the Central Virginia BIke Festival on May 17th. If you can make it on Saturday we'll supply the food if you BYOB and B, (Booze & Bike). We have floorspace for hobos and couch surfers and a yard big enough for a tent or two.

I'm planning on doing the 60 or 100 and The missus is planning on the 40 or 60 depending on who shows and how far they want to ride (and if they want to ride with us). RWBadley has already reserved the only bedroom so the rest of you have to fight it out. If he can come from Reno I think a few of you Mid Atlantic Loungers can make the trip. Hopefully we can get a few others to join us. And if you register before the end of April you can save ten bucks.

And to give you a little more of a bribe I've poasted a ride report of todays ride in the commuting and ride report forum. Melly and I did a 45 miler that was mostly the same route as the 40 miler. It is a beautiful ride through the little village of Curtis. Hopefully the pictures will give you an idea of the scenery of the rides and make you want to join us. Sorry I can't provide the fireworks of a Coop ride but we can provide some Southern hospitality.

VaughnA and The Missus

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Fist!

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
VaughnA said:
This is the second invite to come on down to Lynchburg and visit me and The Missus for the Central Virginia BIke Festival on May 17th. If you can make it on Saturday we'll supply the food if you BYOB and B, (Booze & Bike). We have floorspace for hobos and couch surfers and a yard big enough for a tent or two.

I'm planning on doing the 60 or 100 and The missus is planning on the 40 or 60 depending on who shows and how far they want to ride (and if they want to ride with us). RWBadley has already reserved the only bedroom so the rest of you have to fight it out. If he can come from Reno I think a few of you Mid Atlantic Loungers can make the trip. Hopefully we can get a few others to join us. And if you register before the end of April you can save ten bucks.

And to give you a little more of a bribe I've poasted a ride report of todays ride in the commuting and ride report forum. Melly and I did a 45 miler that was mostly the same route as the 40 miler. It is a beautiful ride through the little village of Curtis. Hopefully the pictures will give you an idea of the scenery of the rides and make you want to join us. Sorry I can't provide the fireworks of a Coop ride but we can provide some Southern hospitality.

VaughnA and The Missus
Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t. I just realized my folks are going to be here that weekend. No can do. Dangit. We were just getting psyched about this today.

You going to do Mountains of Misery or (the same weekend) that New River Valley ride? I think we're coming down your way for that.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t. I just realized my folks are going to be here that weekend. No can do. Dangit. We were just getting psyched about this today.

You going to do Mountains of Misery or (the same weekend) that New River Valley ride? I think we're coming down your way for that.
Just bring the folks along, they can dogsit while we ride;-)

Barring that, we may be interested in the Wilderness Ride, the 55 miler on Saturday before mountains of Misery. Ain't no way that the Missus would consider mountains of misery.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
why don't you people move to wi if you want to ride???? Then I could play too

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Touch0Gray said:
why don't you people move to wi if you want to ride???? Then I could play too
Because we don't want to ride in snow for 6 months out of the year! If RW can come from Reno, you can surely make it down from Wiscaaansin.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
13 hours from here. And Mr. Flatlander here isn't sure how long he'd last on those hills. But some day...

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
VaughnA said:
Because we don't want to ride in snow for 6 months out of the year! If RW can come from Reno, you can surely make it down from Wiscaaansin.
That's only 5 1/2 months...................how much floor space you got?........and for how long?

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Touch0Gray said:
That's only 5 1/2 months...................how much floor space you got?........and for how long?
Not THAT long. We're talking visiting for a ride not a season. Of course you could show me how to take a decent picture.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
VaughnA said:
Not THAT long. We're talking visiting for a ride not a season. Of course you could show me how to take a decent picture.
hey man. you guys want to head up this way, you got your own room and bath with all the riding out the front door that I can show you...and mi amigo, I cannot show you how to take a picture......it's all in the eye.....all of it........art....is in the eye of the beholder......really

Technically even....there are preferences!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
kykr13 said:
13 hours from here. And Mr. Flatlander here isn't sure how long he'd last on those hills. But some day...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm we could ride together (drive)

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
I'm still keeping this on my radar. Things have to fall just right for me but we may be in NC that weekend...and if so I'll find a way to sneak on up.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tconrady said:
I'm still keeping this on my radar. Things have to fall just right for me but we may be in NC that weekend...and if so I'll find a way to sneak on up.
That would be great! We'll be here:D

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Tempting, but it's my kid's first triathlon that weekend. Since I'm the one that "trained them" for it, I gotta be there :)

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GTDave said:
If my knee heals, I might be able to make it.
You'll only need an elbow for Saturday night.

We hope you are feeling good enough to join us. Maybe just do the 40 miler. It's still an absolutely beautiful ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.