Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Can't Hardly Wait
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Shaped and formed” (for lack of better terms) carbon handlebars hold some interest for me. Am currently riding a Specialized OS bar. I know the FSA K-Wing gets very good reviews and I have heard good things about it. There does seem to be a few less expensive options… Profile, small label bars on E-bay, etc. Would like to hear thoughts from those of you using these types of bars. Especially concerning comfort on the hoods. The heel of my hand always seems to get sore before everything else while riding the hoods. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ran across a device that converts a round handlebar to a flat top wing style bar. It's made by ITM and is being sold by Nashbar. So for about $10 you can try it and decide for yourself if you like the feel.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
i'm really enjoying my new zipp bars
nice flat spot adjacednt to the stem,
great position at the hoods and the bend just beforehand.
they also feel good on the vibration dapening side

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought an off-brand carbon bar (Speed Max) from Chuck's for $125. From what I can tell they are identical to the K-Wings.

I have been very happy with the bars-- the internal cable routing (Campy) was easy, the bars have great vibration dampening and are very comfortable with a flat spot above the hoods and a finger grip under the wing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.