Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Fridays a small group of us does a ride and then settles in a cafe for cappuccino's and some rather unhealthy treats (Fri only!). One gal mentioned that her boyfriend wanted her to shave (yes, we're talking... down there) but she thought that would make riding uncomfortable. This started a rather entertaining conversation and garnered more than a few stares from those around us (which was itself pretty entertaining). So, now we all know a bit more about each other (we have 3 shavers, 2 trimmers, and 1 natural). One of the shavers did say that she thinks trimming would be more comfortable on the bike but... well, we won't go there.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
speed metal said:
This is going to get interesting!
Should have been at the cafe this morning :) I was surprised how quickly it did turn serious with a couple of folks saying that being rather hirsute (?) comes with it own pain.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know a few ladies on our group rides who shave completely and they don't seem to have problems with it.

I shave my chest, naughty man-parts, and legs every 2 weeks. Takes forever, but I don't like being hairy.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Grabbing some popcorn...

·
Registered
626 Posts
I am a fan of shaving. Body hair is overrated. I have always been of the mind that those with less body hair are higher on the food chain

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
only place I have hair is my eyebrows and arms....well I trim my legs cause I'm scared to shave them and be laughed at.

Chad

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nimitz said:
only place I have hair is my eyebrows and arms....well I trim my legs cause I'm scared to shave them and be laughed at.

Chad
If you are still active duty I could see that causing an interesting reaction from your fellow Marines.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
navsnipe said:
If you are still active duty I could see that causing an interesting reaction from your fellow Marines.
My first couple of years of racing in the 70's my coach was a guy named Jim Montgomery who was a Captain in the Air Force. He had some funny stories about air force guys who commented on his silky smooth legs. Me thinks you had to be both ignorant (of his reputation in the air force) and stupid to even think about saying anything or even looking at them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts