Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to snap a photo of the creature who has reached near-legendary status in our neighborhood, the unfortunate pet of they young girl living down the street. Knowing her parents, I am baffled at their involvement. I am afraid to ask questions. Was this misdeed professionally done?

The cat looks entirely defeated and humiliated as she skulks through the neighborhood.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Somebody really wanted a poodle instead? :confused:

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Our male cat has to be shaved that way every year. He's very patient with the body but won't let me touch the rest of him. So, he's poodle boy each year. In his case it's because year after year he was ending up half dead in the vet with hair plugging up his intestinal tract. If by some miracle it dislodged on its own it was followed by a gallon of kitty diarrea all over the house. I couldn't take it anymore so as soon as he begins to shed he gets his body shaved. No more vet visits and no more kitty explosions.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
That looks too perfessional to have been a child unless the cat has NO claws. If the cat has claws I would like to see what the kid looks like.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Lots of people in my neighborhood do that...

Doesn't seem so strange to me anymore because we've lived here a long time, but when we moved here it was pretty rural. Everybody let their dogs and cats run loose, and the first spring, after the weather warmed up, several of the neighborhood pets showed up shaved. I thought the first one maybe had a skin disease, then I figured some vandal was shaving them. Finally I mentioned it to a neighbor, and she shrugged and said, "It's summer," with an implied, "Duh," like everybody shaves their pets in June.
We're pretty well suburbanized now, but a lot of the old timers still do it.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Ridgetop said:
Our male cat has to be shaved that way every year. He's very patient with the body but won't let me touch the rest of him. So, he's poodle boy each year. In his case it's because year after year he was ending up half dead in the vet with hair plugging up his intestinal tract. heIf by some miracle it dislodged on its own it was followed by a gallon of kitty diarrea all over the house. I couldn't take it anymore so as soon as he begins to shed he gets his body shaved. No more vet visits and no more kitty explosions.
Have you mentioned this to your doctors? Maybe this is your problem. Just ask Mrs. Ridge to shave you like a poodle and you will be cured. :p

(BTW: I hope that the docs find out what is ailing you. I hope that you are not offended by a little bit of gallows humor. But, I couldn't resist making the analogy. :) )

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I'm dying to get my wife to let me shave our long haired cat but she's having none of it.

He doesn't seem:)idea: ) to have any digestive track problems but I think he'd look pretty cool - like a miniture lion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts