Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at an alternative to double-sided SPD pedals. The A520 single sided pedal seems to fit the bill for an SPD pedal for use on the road. The streets of Shanghai have taken a toll on tires and I'm thinking that wearing my Sidi Genius MTB shoes makes more sense when I'm walking between bike shops. Anyone have any experience with these?

I've also bought a couple of pairs of Shimano DA 7410 single sided SPD pedals although they use a different cleat, the 71 instead of the 51.

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
My friend swears by them on her Bianchi.

· Registered
81 Posts
I like them

I have a set and use them more than my KEO's because I find the setup to be more convenient for my use. I tend to keep the tension set to the loosest setting and don't have any problems getting in (and staying in) or out. The only thing I don't like is that they aren't weighted, but I can live with that. Another guy I ride with uses them as well and has been pleased with them.

There was also a relatively recent thread about pedals in another forum (I think it was in General Discussion) where a few other users chimed in on these so you might look for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.