Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good arti. Loved Hagerman's quote:

"Road-bike aficionados are much like trout: simultaneously enthralled and mortified by anything shiny and new that enters their environment."

·
Registered
223 Posts
jitters said:
Yes, Campy is so much better, because it has 11 speeds. :rolleyes:
Nothing to do will 11 speed at all. I was a Dura Ace rider but I can honestly promise you it does not even come close to Campag. Shimano wears out and Campag wears in.
There is no comparison Campag is such a better engineered and quality product.
Shimano should stick to fishing rods.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
An on-the-road test at cyclingnews:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2008/features/shimano_dura-ace_di208

But while the mechanical drivetrain is just as capable of knocking off similarly smooth shifts under ideal conditions, Di2 makes nearly every shift so dead-on perfect that it's almost eerie. Instead of forcing the chain on to larger cogs or rings at less-than-ideal times as we often do with mechanical shifting, Di2 basically only shifts at the designated gate and it seems to hit its mark almost every time.
Their impression? Shifting is amazing. Ergonomics/buttons a bit dorky. I'm not going to run out and buy it but I'd love to try it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.