New Dura-Ace Delivers Concentration, Control, and Confidence
The all-new 2013 Dura-Ace group is the result of 40 years of development and innovation, tested to the limit at the highest level of competition in road racing, time trials and cyclo-cross. Dura-Ace now has an 11-speed cassette with numerous gearing options to cover all situations. Leading edge design, materials and construction reduce weight, improve stiffness and enhance control. Every innovation, every detail, has one aim - to give Dura-Ace the power to make you go faster.
Dura-Ace is Shimano's flagship group, built on many technical innovations. Dura-Ace relies on Shimano's most advanced manufacturing technologies to give class-leading performance for all riders centred on delivering concentration, control and confidence.
You are your bike's engine. You need to remain free of distractions. Dura-Ace lets you concentrate on the ride by making shifting and braking as easy as possible. Redesigned shift levers and new smooth polymer coated cables for mechanical Dura-Ace give shorter lever stroke and lower shifting effort for easier, faster shifts. Electronic Dura-Ace Di2 shifters have improved ergonomics and feedback. And a new 11-speed cassette means that you can always find the right gear.
Whether it's the slick, smooth action of mechanical Dura-Ace, the lightning-fast electronic shifting of Dura-Ace Di2 or the improved modulation of symmetrical dual-pivot brakes, Dura-Ace gives you maximum control. The unique needs of road racers, time triallists and multisport athletes are met with a range of shifter and brake options.
For maximum performance, you need to have confidence in your equipment. Dura-Ace delivers unparalleled reliability, with a PTFE coated chain and new polymer-coated cables boosting durability as well as giving smoother performance. Dura-Ace Di2's electronic shifting puts effortless and precise shifts just a button push away, regardless of weather conditions. And the new Dura-Ace Hollowtech II crankset with asymmetric spider design guarantees maximum power delivery.
What's New & Benefits
- New 11-speed drive train with a range of gearing options for all situations
- More compact lever hoods for improved comfort and control
- New asymmetric four-arm crankset optimises power delivery
- Lighter shifting and braking action thanks to shorter lever throw and new polymer-coated cables and a new PTFE coated chain.
- E-tube single-wire connections on Dura-Ace Di2 to simplify installation and give clean looks
- More compact battery for Dura-Ace Di2 with internal mounting options
- Improved shifting feedback and multiple shifts on Dura-Ace Di2
- New range of wheels including deep-section aero rims
- Redesigned symmetrical dual-pivot brakes give better power and control
- Same bolt circle diameter for compact and traditional double chainsets means that one crankarm fits all chainring size.
- The complete group is again more lightweight than before. The total weight of the mechanical Dura-Ace is 1978 grams and the total weight of Dura-Ace Di2 is 1957 (both excluding wiring).
Source: Shimano North America