Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a pair of the new bake and vacuum fit top-o-the-line shoes. The sole pulled off of right shoe so Shimano sent me a new pair. They look different. The silver is slightly more white, the toe box is a cleaner shape and they added a reinforcement that protrudes on to the mesh where your big toe would be. They are also the same size, but seem to fit much better.

Has anyone else seen this mid model yr change?

Btw, I am extremely happy with these shoes although the first pair was defective. I have had other high end shoes such as Sidi Ergo 2s, DMT Flash, etc, etc and these are by far the best fit and feel for me. Just thought I would share.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,565 Posts
"The silver is slightly more white"

Is this what they sent you????

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
"The silver is slightly more white"

Is this what they sent you????
The newer model's Silver is not so dark. I think that's what he meant.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I've been thinking about these. In your opinion does the customization steps make a big difference in terms of comfort? Is the toe box fairly wide (I never thought I had a wide foot until trying a number of Italian shoes that seem really narrow).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stevesbike said:
I've been thinking about these. In your opinion does the customization steps make a big difference in terms of comfort? Is the toe box fairly wide (I never thought I had a wide foot until trying a number of Italian shoes that seem really narrow).

I love these shoes. The toe box is big. I have a Fred Flintstone toe, so they work out well for me. I think the bake and vacuum fit idea is great. They do fit very well.

Mr.Grumpy. I have the SH-R300, Shimanos top of the line shoe (actually two pairs.:) ).

It could be me, but the silver seems lighter. :confused:

There are definitely some differences though. The first one I noticed was the reinforcement on the mesh over the toes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They don't fit everyone though—at least they didn't fit me very well. I have a long (size 13) narrow (B width) flat foot and require custom orthotics in my regular shoes. I thought the Shimanos would be just the ticket, but even with Sportsole inserts that are thicker than the Shimano inserts that come with the shoe, my foot fits more loosely than it should. Although the length was right, the shoe could not be vacuumed down enough to feel secure. It was an expensive lesson, but the heat-molded Shimano inserts have helped to improve the feel of the Sidis that I went back to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.