Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if front derailleurs' clamps can be switched out with another size from another shimano derailleur.

I would suspect yes, since otherwise how would they make 'em, but does anyone know how to do this if it's possible?:idea:

· Registered
8,000 Posts
CleavesF said:
Does anyone know if front derailleurs' clamps can be switched out with another size from another shimano derailleur.

I would suspect yes, since otherwise how would they make 'em, but does anyone know how to do this if it's possible?:idea:
Sure. Just buy the new clamp size you need.

· Registered
21,834 Posts
Derailleur type?

CleavesF said:

If you have a clamp on derailleur, you probably cannot make the switch for two reasons: the parts are not likely available except by stripping another unit and if you could find the part, it would cost as much as a new derailleur.

However, if you have a braze-on derailleur, then you can just get the right sized clamp. Though he doesn't say it, presumably this is the case that Dirt Boy is thinking of when he makes his blanket recommendation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.