Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the battery in my Shimano STI Flite Deck recently died so I replaced it. I re-entered all of my settings, but I didn't see any option to enter my miles that I previously had on it. Does anyone know if there is a way to enter the cumulative miles that you had before the battery died? Thanks!

·
SoCal--S Beach to the Dam
1,031 Posts
I think its in the instructions but you might try the website. I think when you set it up,u can add the miles.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
For 6501...

my327vette said:
Hi, the battery in my Shimano STI Flite Deck recently died so I replaced it. I re-entered all of my settings, but I didn't see any option to enter my miles that I previously had on it. Does anyone know if there is a way to enter the cumulative miles that you had before the battery died? Thanks!
This is for 6501 head. You start with the 3rd button - "all clear" or whatever it's called. This will cycle through the once-only setups.

TF

·
Registered
766 Posts
Look at your unit, as far as I can tell..

If it is a 6500 - Can't set the mileage back in after changing battery

If it is a 6501 - You can set the mileage back in after changing the battery.

Not totally sure though. I have one of each, there are non trivial differences between the two. Biggest nicest thing on the 6501 is it displays something like "39 - 17" instead of a useless gear # when you change gears, and goes back to the regular display faster.

Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.