Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a new group soon, well maybe if my girlfreind doesnt get laid off. im looking at da/ultegra, da shifters, front and rear derailleur everything else ultegra or force/red, red shifter everything else force. i ride about 110 miles a week and dont race. i want to have a group good i can put on my bike and not have to mess with it too much. i have read a lot about sram needing adjustments all the time and since its new i dont know how long they will last. i know what to expect with shimano but i like the the idea of a new group and the double tap shifting. any opinions on which of these two i should go for?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I'm a campy guy, and think its superior to my past shimano groups. I'm using chorus, and haven't had to touch a cable in almost 1000 miles.
That said, this is very well debated on this forum
I'd wait for Shimano's ultegra sl to go with hidden cables. If you don't wanna wait, Rival is a good value and people seem to really like it. You ask 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers. Ride a few different bikes to form your own opinion. But my ultegra and dura-ace bikes were very reliable. I prefer the brakes on shimano, but the front shifting of campy. I prefer the hoods on campy brifters, and that they're carbon.
Good luck with whatever you select and ride the crap out of it, safely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would reccomend full Dura Ace. I ride Ultegra now and have test road bikes recently with SRAM and Camp-Both SRAM and Campy were a tad to mechanical and not as smooth in the shifting. I found myself adjusting more than I wanted to or am use to with Ultegra.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.