Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Oh, that red piece, not the other one.

Well, no, I don't think it's okay to remove it. I'd get a different seatpost first that has a different clamping mechanism.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
You do whatever you want to do. I would for sure be getting a new seatpost. Good time to upgrade and save weight while you're at it.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Looks almost like a receiver for a quick-release clamp mechanism, perhaps for a bag or a light. Remove the screw and see what happens. If the red piece just falls off, chances are you can just get rid of it and put the screw back into the hole if it's not too long. What does the white writing say?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks almost like a receiver for a quick-release clamp mechanism, perhaps for a bag or a light. Remove the screw and see what happens. If the red piece just falls off, chances are you can just get rid of it and put the screw back into the hole if it's not too long. What does the white writing say?
Dr. Emel did some surgery... clears now... shaved off a few grams... Writing says 142mm... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.