Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jack of no trades
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I was involved in a crash. Among the many damages to the bike, is a part of the left Shimano 105 shift lever; the silver end cap with 105 on the side. The lever is stock and came with the CAAD9, a 2010, so I'm not sure of the specific model number.

Now, that said, the local bike shop is trying to charge me $20 for the piece of plastic. I find this absurd. So I thought I'd check in here with you guys to see if anyone knows of a cheaper option. Either a place to buy the piece, or someone willing to part with one they have lying around.

I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
My advice is to be glad it's not Dura Ace.

·
9,790 Posts
A while back I was involved in a crash. Among the many damages to the bike, is a part of the left Shimano 105 shift lever; the silver end cap with 105 on the side. The lever is stock and came with the CAAD9, a 2010, so I'm not sure of the specific model number.

Now, that said, the local bike shop is trying to charge me $20 for the piece of plastic. I find this absurd. So I thought I'd check in here with you guys to see if anyone knows of a cheaper option. Either a place to buy the piece, or someone willing to part with one they have lying around.

I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer.
If people could see what Shimano charges for their small parts, they'd understand why I can't stand them.
Our cost on those little end caps is over $10 each. A front derailleur clamp for new DA wholesales at $42.00. Downtube cable stops for bikes with dt shifter bosses also cost in the $40 range. Stupid prices for tiny little things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.