Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the R131 shoe. Don't tell me you love or hate them, just do the sizes run true? I recently hoped I had a smokin' deal on a set of Diadoras and they ran a full size too small. Not in dire need of shoes but am looking for something temp cooler and lighter than my current Adidas shoes.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Arrogant Roadie Prick said:
I am looking at the R131 shoe. Don't tell me you love or hate them, just do the sizes run true? I recently hoped I had a smokin' deal on a set of Diadoras and they ran a full size too small. Not in dire need of shoes but am looking for something temp cooler and lighter than my current Adidas shoes.
Yes. Afetr trying several models and settling on some.

I wear a 44 EUR/9.5 US in running shoes/dress. I wear a 44EUR in Shimano cycling shoes.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Can't say "true to size" 'cause sizes can vary a lot between shoe makers- and cycling shoes seem to vary more than street/athletic shoes. I wear 10 1/2-11US shoes, and Shimano 45's fit me well in both road & MTB. Unlike some other cycling shoes, Shimano seem consistent in size from style to style.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Oldteen said:
Can't say "true to size" 'cause sizes can vary a lot between shoe makers- and cycling shoes seem to vary more than street/athletic shoes. I wear 10 1/2-11US shoes, and Shimano 45's fit me well in both road & MTB. Unlike some other cycling shoes, Shimano seem consistent in size from style to style.
Shimano is the closest I have seen to athletic running shoes from Asics, Nike and Minzuno.

Alos acorss thier styles, sizing in the same!

45 EUR 10.5 US according to Shimano

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
rensho said:
I'd say Shimano runs almost 1/2 size larger than sidi.
Yep. I wore a 43.5 in Sidi and Northwave. 44 in DMT

·
Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
I vote they are right on the fit. I wear a 44 in Shimano, Nike, and DMT with a 9.5 American shoe size.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I've worn Shimano shoes for several years. R150's, R 131's, now R085's. The R085's run about 1/2 larger than the previous models. A little wider and more room in the toe box. The R131's were a little snug for me, same size.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess I'll fing out in a few days

I got Excel to price match Performance on a pair of 131S shoes, they will be here in a few days. I honestly don't know which is worse, driving all over the place locally (70 mi round trip, gas vs shipping) to LBS' and pay FOOL retail for a pair of shoes or poke and hope on the internet and hope the size is right.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Dinosaur said:
I've worn Shimano shoes for several years. R150's, R 131's, now R085's. The R085's run about 1/2 larger than the previous models. A little wider and more room in the toe box. The R131's were a little snug for me, same size.
Really? Excel Sports said they were the same? Maybe I will try some as back-up rain shoes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.