Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this repair? See exploded diagram of LH shifter, part #3:

http://vid.artscyclery.com/pdf/Shim...03 105 3x10sp Shift Lever Set User Manual.pdf

The part failed (less than 1K mi), and I got a replacement part from the LBS. They "installed" it, but it came right out again. I'm looking at the right shifter to see how it goes in, but I don't see any obvious difference between the way I have it installed and the installation on the left, but the left one (front derailleur) keeps popping out.

- Is there a trick to installing this part?
- Does the Main lever support snap into the Release lever support (part #4) somehow?

I've looked on the internet, can't find any help. Usually you can find a video or a diagram or something, but I'm coming up empty. Even the Shimano site is no help, the only diagram I can find is the one I've already looked at, I can't find any repair instructions or anything.

---------------

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the pin is for the lever, not the lever support.

I ended up using superglue to afix the support to the lever, after futzing for about an hour trying to get it to stay. I don't see how the support is supposed to attach to the lever, there doesn't appear to be a missing piece and I can't see/feel anything broken on the back of the lever.

The glue worked on a ride this weekend, we'll see how long it lasts.

-------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts