Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for this problem? Di2 on a used bike I just bought. Di2 worked great first 50 miles then RD stopped working. FD continued. LBS looked at it and said plug to right shifter wasn't fully seated. He seated properly and shifted great. Also upgraded firmware and enabled multi-shift. Sweet. Road 30 miles yesterday with no problem. Today the RD stopped working again at 10 miles out. Limped back home and rolled back the rubber hood to expose the cable entering the right shifter. This time I could see that the cable was not seated again. How is that possible? Looking at the plug I could see a thin piece of plastic around the plug was folded back in part. Perhaps that limited the plug from seating properly? I trimmed a little off, reseated the plug and itbworked again. We'll see what happens. Questions: 1. I wonder if the cable is just a bit too tight and vibrations cause it to come out? 2. I wonder if Shimano will give me a new junction box which would have a new cable plug which might hold better? 3. I have the remote rear shifter button on order. That will give me a backup means to shift.

At least now I understand exactly the problem and should be able to re-seat the plug on the road until this is permanently solved. Suggestions or comments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.