Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A Midwesterner In Europe
103 Posts
Yeah I'm a bit confused too...I'd thought the C24-TL wheels were to be out this year but as with the original C24 there seems to be some confusion and delay...

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
toshi said:
what's causing the delay, anyone know?
Head in sphincter syndrome. I've been waiting for these to come out for months. I wished they be out already, as I'm not sure I want to be the first one to buy them, now it looks like I may have to wait til next year to see how they fare.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
-dustin said:
the C24-TL is the tubeless version, right? we've got a set coming.
Great, let us know what you think.

·
A Midwesterner In Europe
103 Posts
My guess is that it will be a bit. Seeing as how the C24 rim is still pretty new to the market. I'd bet Shimano is going to wait to release them, otherwise there is a bit of overlap in the lineup. Why have a 7850 C24 and a 7850 C24-TL?

I'm sure they are waiting for the first few runs of 7850 C24's to sell until they release a new version of it already.

I'm cool with that, I dig the scandium 7850 TL wheel anyway...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
j.king said:
My guess is that it will be a bit. Seeing as how the C24 rim is still pretty new to the market. I'd bet Shimano is going to wait to release them, otherwise there is a bit of overlap in the lineup. Why have a 7850 C24 and a 7850 C24-TL?

I'm sure they are waiting for the first few runs of 7850 C24's to sell until they release a new version of it already.

I'm cool with that, I dig the scandium 7850 TL wheel anyway...
yea, seems to make sense.

but someone in there said, that in april there will be the 7850c24TL available. even in france s.o told me that...

but i need them now, i wont buy a CL if i can have the c24 TL in carbon, not oldscool scandium with ugly decals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking to replace my current Mavic Ksyriums in my Scott CR1 and the WH-7850-C24-TL seem very interesting. The CL's have been getting great reviews in many places, however, the TL's don't seem to exist. I'm interested in the TL for the tubeless possibility they supposedly provide, even if not too may tires exist yet.

Has anyone ridden these? I'd be very interested in hearing any comments anyone has on these. I normally ride by myself, around 60-100 km trips at approx 28-32km/h.

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts