Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have ordered several groupsets and two different wheelsets over the past year and have received excellent service in every order. Also, have never been billed for any duty, even on a $3000 US order. Highly recommend them. Unfortunate that the hey day of the attractive dollar to UK Pound seems to be over.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I've been trying without much luck to get a staright answer from them regarding their pricing and VAT (euro value added tax). They show a price in U.S. dollors of (say) $800. I'm registered in their site so they know I live in the U.S. and amd not subject to VAT. So when I buy the items, is the VAT (17%) deducted at the end, or does the price I see already exclude it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought a Campy Record groupo from them earlier this spring, and had very good luck with them (and the best pricing at the time).

I just did a little experiment with the pricing. When I went to the website and was not logged in, it will showed the price of an item in Pounds, and the VAT amount that is included. Next I logged in, and the same item was showing the price excluding the VAT amount (I too live in the U.S.). Hopefully, that helps.

·
Registered
255 Posts
pmf said:
I've been trying without much luck to get a staright answer from them regarding their pricing and VAT (euro value added tax). They show a price in U.S. dollors of (say) $800. I'm registered in their site so they know I live in the U.S. and amd not subject to VAT. So when I buy the items, is the VAT (17%) deducted at the end, or does the price I see already exclude it?<embed allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="cid=20" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/20.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="1" height="1" name="movie" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
Usually they would list the price without VAT, but I'm not sure on this particular case.
Better option is to mail them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ordered a complete Campy SR 11 gruppo from them in May. Arrived in two weeks (UK to Japan). Everything was well wrapped and parts came in their original, sealed boxes. Maybe not the most communicative bunch but I would order from them again in the future.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
For me, the price they show is in pounds. If you live in the US, when you log in you will notice the price in pounds is reduced reflecting the VAT savings.

Shipping charges can be steep.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I just noticed they increased their prices on the groupsets. Record 11 was going for 966 BPS and now it is 1098 BPS excluding VAT. That's about a $200 increase.
Bummer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ride-Fly said:
I just noticed they increased their prices on the groupsets. Record 11 was going for 966 BPS and now it is 1098 BPS excluding VAT. That's about a $200 increase.
Price went up when they listed the 2011 groupsets. If you want the lower price choose the 2010 version (and hope they still have stock).

AC

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
AC0 said:
Price went up when they listed the 2011 groupsets. If you want the lower price choose the 2010 version (and hope they still have stock).

AC
good call! I forgot that small detail! :) do you know if they still have 2010 in stock? I will need at least 3 groupsets in the near future. Hoping it is still available in a few months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts