Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
VeloCelt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to ship a bike from Denver (I'm in Virginia) and I could use some recommendations for shops in the greater Denver area who do a good job of packing for a reasonable fee. I'm planning to ship via ShipBike, so all the shop has to do is pack it up for a FedEx pickup. Thanks a million!

·
VeloCelt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A roll of bubble-wrap and packing tape is fairly self-explanatory.

Ask for a discarded bike box and...

Make.
It.
Rain.

View attachment 481632
As I said, I am in Virginia, not Denver. I'm looking for recommendations on bike shops who do a good job of packing bikes for a reasonable fee. I thought that was pretty self-explanatory.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As I said, I am in Virginia, not Denver. I'm looking for recommendations on bike shops who do a good job of packing bikes for a reasonable fee. I thought that was pretty self-explanatory.
Whatever it is that any shop will accomplish is going to be exactly the same result as you (in Virginia w/o a Bike Box) will produce by kindly asking your own local shop for a discarded shipping box, in fact ask for two, plus bubble wrap.

·
Registered
21,143 Posts
Whatever it is that any shop will accomplish is going to be exactly the same result as you (in Virginia w/o a Bike Box) will produce by kindly asking your own local shop for a discarded shipping box, in fact ask for two, plus bubble wrap.
If he doesn't want to buy the supplies and have someone else do it... why the hell do you care?
It's quite clear is not something he wants to do... for whatever reason.

·
VeloCelt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to clarify--again. I am not where the bike is, so I cannot pack the bike myself. If the person who has possession of the bike was willing to pack it, I wouldn't have posted my query, would I? All I asked for--and am still interested in receiving--is any input or recommendations anyone can provide on a reliable bike shop in the Denver area who can pack a bike for shipping for a reasonable fee. Simple, really.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just to clarify--again. I am not where the bike is, so I cannot pack the bike myself. If the person who has possession of the bike was willing to pack it, I wouldn't have posted my query, would I? All I asked for--and am still interested in receiving--is any input or recommendations anyone can provide on a reliable bike shop in the Denver area who can pack a bike for shipping for a reasonable fee. Simple, really.
teh Interwebz is a tool - kicking around in everyone's toolbag. Dunno. Kind of difficult to offer precise assistance when there's a ghost-writer. Like Lombard - who likes to smoke stuff and use teh Interwebs to score.

Don't mind @Feels on Wire , he just likes to troll.
Actually - not trolling. Today happens to be a great day to update the Elderly Widow's status.

The Elderly Widow had recently crossed paths with a former acquaintance, who was quite shocked to discover that the Elderly Widow now has a giant Pumpkin for a Head.

'OMG! What the shit is the story with your Head??' the Elderly Widow's old cohort asked. 'I found a Genie in a Bottle, who gave me three wishes' was the answer given.

'But why in the world do you have a Pumpkin for a Head??' came the reply.

The Elderly Widow explains 'I was given three wishes by the Genie and, they all worked... First I wished for a Million Dollars and - I got that. Next, I wished for a beautiful woman to share this new life being had with and, I got that too.'

'...but the Pumpkin for a Head...' the Elderly Widow's mate pressed on.

'That's where I think I screwed up.' further explains the Elderly Widow.

'I wished for a giant Pumpkin Head.'

·
Registered
21,143 Posts
teh Interwebz is a tool - kicking around in everyone's toolbag. Dunno. Kind of difficult to offer precise assistance ....
Nope.. It's quite easy if you have even an elementary school reading comprehension.

It was crystal clear the assistance he requested. You utterly failed to comprehend it.
(or ....you're just a troll)

·
VeloCelt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
teh Interwebz is a tool - kicking around in everyone's toolbag. Dunno. Kind of difficult to offer precise assistance when there's a ghost-writer. Like Lombard - who likes to smoke stuff and use teh Interwebs to score.

Actually - not trolling. Today happens to be a great day to update the Elderly Widow's status.

The Elderly Widow had recently crossed paths with a former acquaintance, who was quite shocked to discover that the Elderly Widow now has a giant Pumpkin for a Head.

'OMG! What the shit is the story with your Head??' the Elderly Widow's old cohort asked. 'I found a Genie in a Bottle, who gave me three wishes' was the answer given.

The Elderly Widow explains 'I was given three wishes by the Genie and, they all worked... First I wished for a Million Dollars and - I got that. Next, I wished for a beautiful woman to share this new life being had with and, I got that too.'

You need a hobby--one that doesn't waste our time...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nope.. It's quite easy if you have even an elementary school reading comprehension.

It was crystal clear the assistance he requested. You utterly failed to comprehend it.
(or ....you're just a troll)
Utterly failed nothing and, enjoyed it.

Looking over OP contribution ledger - 5 users posts in 12 years and one asking for a free inline cable adjuster??

It's all Gravy.

OP - next time your bikes is creaking and, that's the next idea for a well thought out contribution, pour Gravy on it.

·
VeloCelt
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Utterly failed nothing and, enjoyed it.

Looking over OP contribution ledger - 5 users posts in 12 years and one asking for a free inline cable adjuster??

It's all Gravy.

OP - next time your bikes is creaking and, that's the next idea for a well thought out contribution, pour Gravy on it.
If you don't have anything to offer that's relevant to the OP, resist the urge to post nonsense. Just scroll on, troll.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,658 Posts

I sure hope you are either retired or independently wealthy. Because if neither, don't give up your day job anytime soon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
this thread is one big fat WTF. Answer the OP question or shut up.
FWIW 201Cycle - the thread leans more toward some cyclist who has a phobia of turning a wrench or three - nothing more, nothing less.

Replying with suggestion to simply... uhhh... do it for yourself is met with things one must assume. You know what happens when one assumes - makes an 'ass' of 'u' and 'me'

Had the talking-points instead been - a bike is returning...' blah blah blah... sure, it's something different.

Hope OP gets hooked up with a rubberized or non-rubberized cable adjuster tho, 'cause the one's in parts trays o'er here are sahhweeeettttt....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts